It's never too late to book a last minute break in Cumbria. The grids below show hotels, B&Bs, guest houses and self-catering units in the Lake District with availability for today and the next 8 days. You can see more details of each property and book it online now by clicking on the link. The lists will keep on changing as we only show accommodation that has updated recently and has bookable availability in the next 8 days.
Visiting tonight or tomorrow, then book online and get instant confirmation.
1 Far End Cottages
Search availability for 1 Far End Cottages and book online
|Book through GoLakes||MAY
Availability updated on 18 May 13 at 19:13
This charming Grade II Listed cottage is in a lovely peaceful location at the foot of the fell no more than 10 minutes walk from Coniston village where there are a good selection of shops and a number of pubs.
It is ideally situated for fell walkers. A public footpath by the side of the cottage is one of the starting points for some of the more demanding high level walks in the area. For the less energetic there are numerous low level walks and an abundance of visitor attractions within easy travelling distance.
The cottage has the benefit of full gas fired central heating. There are two double and two single bedrooms. Linen is provided. There is an open fire and a colour TV/video recorder in the cosy beamed ceiling sitting room/diner.
The fully fitted kitchen incorporates a Bosch electric oven and hob, an integral fridge and a microwave. The three-piece bathroom suite is supplemented by a heated towel rail and shaver point. There is a shower over the bath and a small paved sitting out area outside the front door.
Coniston, with its backdrop of The Old Man of Coniston and its proximity to the lake is an ideal base.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SD 302980 Lat: 54.37271 Long: -3.07594
From M6 jct 36 follow A591 to Ambleside. From Ambleside take the A593 to Coniston. Far End is on the right just before the village.
- Private parking
- Squash onsite
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Linen provided
- Children welcome
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Ironing facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights
1 Far End Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 5
- Two double and two single bedrooms. Three piece bathroom suite with shower over bath. Fitted kitchen with microwave, sitting room/diner with open fire and beamed ceilings.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)