Nine elegant apartments in a Grade II-listed Victorian mansion. 46 beautifully appointed cottages. The whole site nestling amidst secluded woodland and rolling pasture, just two miles from the border of the English Lake District, and commanding fabulous views over the magnificent Morecambe Bay.
Soak up the splendour of the graceful drawing room. Enjoy a swim in the heated pool after a strenuous workout on the tennis court. Stroll through the woods and savour the peace and quiet of the countryside. And, at the end of a lovely day, sit on the terrace with a sundowner and contemplate That View.
Windermere, Coniston Water et al are within easy striking distance, while for the more urban-minded the city of Lancaster – often, and unjustly, overlooked in the guide books – is just a half-hour drive away.
A selection of dog-friendly holiday homes to let where we also welcome kids and young families. Enjoy our on-site steam room, indoor swimming pool, children’s playground and even crazy golf. There is plenty to see and do both at Merlewood and in the surrounding areas all of which you can enjoy from the comfort of your luxury holiday property.
• A beautifully restored Victorian mansion
• 55 properties, from one to four bedrooms
• Outstanding views over Morecambe Bay
• Great facilities, including indoor pool, gym and snooker room
• Beautiful gardens
• Glorious woodland setting
• Easy to reach, by train or car
• Close to the Lakes and Fells
• Tennis, crazy golf, a children's play area - plenty to keep all ages busy