Search availability for Stones Throw and book online
|Book through GoLakes||APR
Availability updated on 23 Apr 14 at 21:23
Stones Throw Details
- Flat sleeps up to 2
- One bedroom with Queen size double bed.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Spa bath, Scenic view, Ground floor bedroom
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Price includes weekly rate, max occupancy 2, bed linen and towels, 1 parking space, electricity and gas, leisure club membership, welcome gift and VAT.
This is a stylish and sophisticated romantic retreat, tucked away in a peaceful, gently elevated setting, yet literally a 'stones throw' from the absolute heart of picturesque Ambleside village.
Forming a portion of an imposing original Gentleman's residence, and retaining some original features the spacious aparment is a welcoming luxurious retreat. 16thC character and gracious charm blend effortlessly with 21stC indulgencies; presented and decorated to high standard and lavishly furnished with every detail taken care of. A place to spend quality time together. The fabulous bathroom with a Simply Spa air bath has to be seen and sampled to be fully appreciated; Chromatherapy underwater lights, aqua massage provide the perfect way to relax. Sit on the 'Romeo & Juliet' balcony and admire the view across Ambleside and Loughrigg Fell. A short stroll into cosmopolitan Ambleside, with its excellent choice of mouth-watering restaurants, bars, local shops and cinema will tempt you out, and with easy access to the fells and lake Windermere your days are filled with beautiful destinations to enjoy.
The accommodation is all on ground level and comprises of a traditional entrance porch and hall leading into the spacious and gracious lounge with a warming wood-burning stove and doors out to the balcony and beautifully furnished throughout. Open to the lounge is a modern kitchen with everything you may need including a welcome pack. The beautiful bedroom is a delight and the bathroom is something special. There is a useful drying room for wet walking clobber.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Gay/lesbian friendly
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Ironing facilities
Passes to Salutation Hotel Pool and Gym included in cost. Electric Vehicle charge point. Children welcome from age 18.
NY 376041 54.42846 -2.96333
Ambleside is easily reached from the M6.
From the South, leave the M6 at Jct36, follow the A590/A591 towards Kendal, Windermere and onto Ambleside. Enter the town's one way system opposite the BP filling station, keeping in the right hand lane. Travel in a complete circle back onto Lake Road, at this junction bear left onto old Lake Road. Stones Throw is 200 metres on the right.
From the North, leave the M6 at Jct40 (Penrith) follow the signs for Keswick (A66) and Ambleside (A591). To avoid travelling through Keswick turn off at Threlkeld, travelling through St John's in the Vale, joining the A591 at Thirlspot. Proceed through the town centre of Ambleside towards Windermere, as the road splits into two lanes keep left and immediately bear left onto Old Lakes Road. Stones Throw is 200 metres on the right.
To collect the key keep in the right hand lane, Elder Grove is the last house on the right just before the junction and filling station on the left.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower