Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Party in the Park is a fabulous free festival taking place in Workington’s very own Vulcan Park.
The park will be packed with unmissable entertainment including;
- Live music on the Melodrome Stage. This beautiful vintage style stage has visited many festivals across the country including Eden Festival and Glastonbury.
- A fun fair.
- Children’s entertainment including craft activities, face painting and storytelling.
- A local market with a host of tempting treats including gifts, hot food, sweets and treats, crafts and homeware.
The event has been organised to celebrate Workington's 20th anniversary of twinning with the French Town of Val De Reuil. Entrance is free of charge and no ticket is required.
|Sat 27 May 2017||11:00 to 16:00|
Free and unticketed.
Directions to Vulcan Park
1. Follow A66 to Jane St/B5297 in Workington.
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A66.
3. At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A66.
4. At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Stainburn Road/A66. Continue to follow A66 until you reach the traffic lights on Ramsay Brow.
5. Turn left onto Washington Street/A596.
6. Turn right onto Jane Street/B5297.
7. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Oxford St/B5297.
8. Turn left onto Vulcan's Lane. The entrance to the park is on the right.
1. Follow A595 and A596 to Harrington Rd/B5296 in Workington.
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on A595.
3. At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A595.
4. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A596. Continue on the A596 and along onto High Street.
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Harrington Road/B5296.
6. Turn right onto Vulcan's Lane.
7. Continue down Vulcan’s Lane. The entrance to the park is on the left.
1. Follow the A596 through Flimby and into Workington.
2. At the Northside roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Hillcrest/A597.
3. Continue to follow A597 over the bridge and towards Tesco.
4. Go straight on at the roundabout.
5. Continue along the A597. Turn left at the junction.
6. Turn left onto Station Road. Continue onto Oxford Street.
7. Turn right onto Vulcan's Lane. The entrance to the park is on the right.
8. Destination will be on the right
- Disabled toilets
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Smoking allowed