Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Windermere-Winster-Bowland Bridge-Strawberry bank-Fell Foot
This is a challenging ride and you will need to be a competent map reader to manage this route.
1. From Windermere Station turn left through village centre. Follow the one-way system through Victoria St, Crescent Road then go L into Oak Street (at Co-op), turn Left to follow Droomer Drive, turn Right into Limethwaite Rd, take a left into School Knott Drive. (Easy to miss): turn Right along poorly surfaced byway, signed and gated single track road.
2. At junction with B5284 turn right with care visibility is very restricted.
3. Cross the A5074 onto bridleway signed High House.
4. Follow sign for Cartmel Fell.
5. Fork right through a gate along a narrow tarmac road.
6. Turn right following bridleway sign and waymarkers to Woodland.
7. Easy to miss turn right at boulder along open track
8. Turn right along bridleway signed Staveley-in-Cartmel, then turn left following bridleway waymarkers.
9. Turn right from forest fireroad onto steep single track. Very steep and rocky. Be prepared to walk down.
We recommend that you print out the PDF route map for this ride and take it with you to help you find the way.