The Parish Church of St Martin's at The Parish Church of St Martin`s
Historic church building with many attractive features including stained glass, decor and historic items. St Martin's is the ancient parish church for the whole of Windermere and a site of Christian worship for possibly 1100+ years. Home of worshiping Christian community. An oasis of peace and refreshment in a busy setting. The present medieval building, 1483, includes, in the east window, the finest collection of medieval glass in the North West, including what may be the arms of the Washington family.
email a friend
VenueThe Parish Church of St Martin`s
Lake Road, Bowness-on-Windermere, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3DE
Map reference: SD 421998 Lat: 54.39117 Long: -2.89300
A591 to Windermere then go to lake front promenade in Bowness. St Martins is 100m from the lake.
Accessible by Public Transport : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from Windermere station
Usual church facilities. Level access to most parts of the building.