Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
The newly opened art-deco lounge bar and sun terrace at The Lamplighter is our newest venue offering al fresco dining throughout the day on our south facing terraces. From one of our amazing burgers to mussels, oysters and sharing plates with breakfast served daily from 8am to 11am with the whole of the rest of the menu on offer from 11am to 9pm.
Alternately why not enjoy one of our amazing hand crafter cocktails prepared with premium spirits with the classics made using the original recipes with our modern twist. We also offer draft beers and lagers as well as an extensive 75 bin wine list including numerous wines by the glass.
Sunday lunch is served in our fine dining restaurant located to the right reception and founded over 25 years ago we are one of the most celebrated restaurants in the South Lakes.
We specialise in the very best of fresh local Cumbrian produce, in which we are blessed with limitless options. All of our meat is sourced within Cumbria and can be traced back to the farm on which the livestock was bred. Our fish is delivered daily from Fleetwood, with us being one of the largest fish buyers in the area. We specialise in Sole on the bone and our world famous fish and chips.
A must is our critically acclaimed Sunday lunch which must be pre ordered and was recently reviewed to rapturous praise by none other that Jay Rayner who stated on eating the lunch, “Most of all there is a nostalgic sort of happiness, for this is a Sunday lunch of the sort people of my age claim to remember from childhood, but which I suspect rarely existed. It is not elegant. It is not inventive. It is so much better than that”.
“Someone has given this bit of animal some serious attention and care”.
There are roasties which too often in restaurants are a disappointment and here crunch and gasp in all the right places. There are honey-roasted parsnips that turn out to be the crystal meth of root vegetables, so deep and dark and sweet and crunchy we clean out the bowl in the name of research”.
Please note that Sunday lunch must be booked by Friday at 6pm as we are the meat in just for you and it is served and carved at your table at its very best.
We also specialise in large parties and events….Please contact us directly for further details and booking.
Sunday Lunch, local meat and fish.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Facilities for groups
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Children welcome
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed
- Wedding receptions
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Baby changing facilities
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Steps to the main entrance
- 4Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit