Search availability for Squirrel Bank Cottage and book online
|Book through GoLakes||MAR
Availability updated on 10 Mar 14 at 15:05
Squirrel Bank Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 2
- Newly refurbished cottage. Entrance lobby with cupboards housing washing machine, double bedroom with Stag Minstrel furniture and shower room off. Fully fitted kitchen with electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge/small freezer, microwave, and all other appliances to make it a full kitchen. Lounge with sofa bed, armchair, widescreen TV and DVD player, also radio/CD player. The cottage has Wifi access. Dining area with pine table and chairs. Private garden with garden furniture, barbecue if requested, and own parking space.
- Shower, Non-smoking unit, Ground floor bedroom
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Squirrel Bank Cottage is in the grounds of Squirrel Bank Guest House.It has recently been redesigned and refurbished into a lovely ground floor cottage.
Bowness on Windermere,
Squirrel Bank Cottage has recently been redesigned and refurbished into a lovely ground-floor cottage. This self contained cottage is set in a peaceful location but minutes away from the bustling village of Bowness and Lake Windermere.
The cottage consists of hallway with fitted cupboards and wooden laminate flooring, a bedroom with Stag furniture and a very comfortable double bed with matching linen. The shower room is fully tiled with white furniture. The kitchen is fully fitted with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and cupboards fully fitted out with crockery, pans etc.
There is a round dining table with matching chars in pine adjoining the lounge area that has a flat-screen TV, DVD player with DVD's, radio/CD player with a selection of CD's. There is a very comfortable settee and easy chair, coffee tables and discreet lighting. Lounge and bedroom have beige fitted carpets.
Guests have the use of the garden with table and chairs and barbecue if requested.
The owners know the area extremely well and will happily share their knowledge with you and supply you with guides maps and walks to enjoy while staying in this beautiful corner of England.
Sue and Dave offer a special service. Attention to detail is very important to them and their delightful cottage has many personal touches.
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Central heating
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Ironing facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Concessionary rates for golf at Windermere golf club if booked by Squirrel bank. Children welcome from any age.
SD 404955 54.35232 -2.91778
Exit M6 jct 36, take A590/1 towards Kendal. Ignore the signs to Kendal town centre. At the end of the dual carriageway at the bottom of a steep hill there is a large roundabout, take the first exit signed Hawkshead and Crook, B5284. Stay on this road for approximately 8 miles, through the village of Crook with The Sun public house on the right, on past the Wild Boar Hotel on the right. Then on to the Windermere golf club which is on the left, there is 1 mile to go. The Linthwaite Hotel is on the left and just beyond the brow of the hill Squirrel Bank is on the left. If you reach the junction you have gone too far.
If coming through Windermere village, follow A5074 until you come to a roundabout at the bottom of the hill. Go straight on and take the first left on to the Kendal Road. Approximately 0.75 mile further on there will be a sign for Kendal, this is the B5284. Take this left turn and Squirrel Bank is 100yds on the right.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Designated parking space provided for guests with disabilities
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities