Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Ivy Bank and book online
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
21 April 2017
Excelent B and B right in the middle of windemere. Hosts were unbelieveable couldnt do enough for you. Cant wait to visit again
Reply from Ivy Bank at 22 Apr 2017
Thank you for leaving us a kind review. Come back and see us again soon Best Wishes
Within walking distance of viewpoints, tumbling waterfalls, Lake shore, shops and restaurants. Comfortable beds, spotless en suites, attractive décor, superb breakfasts, relaxed atmosphere. Aromatherapy available. Discounted use of local leisure club.
Ivy Bank is a pretty Victorian house built in the 1890's from local slate and retains many of its original features. We are situated on a quiet road away from main thoroughfares within a few minutes walk of the all the village facilities.
All our bedrooms are en suite and are provided with a flat-screen TV/DVD player, radio/alarm clock, hairdryer, a selection of toiletries and hospitality tray. In addition, 2 of our larger rooms have a sofa. We have off-road parking and safe storage for bikes.
Within 30 minutes' walk from Ivy Bank there are several excellent viewpoints, the lakeshore and tumbling waterfalls.
Guests staying at Ivy Bank can use our membership of a local leisure club. This includes use of swimming pool, sauna, steam room, ice room and gym.
We provide an informal and relaxing atmosphere, comfortably furnished and attractively decorated rooms and an excellent choice for breakfast.
Children welcome from age 7.
SD 413981 54.37546 -2.90498
M6 jct 36 take A591 to Windermere. At Windermere turn off A591 by the tourist information centre. Follow the one-way system down the hill. Turn left after 'The Co-Op Welcome' supermarket. Go along Broad Street and turn right at the end. Take the next right into Holly Road. Ivy Bank is 4th house on the left.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Health/beauty facilities onsite
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- Euros accepted
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 7.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours