Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Chestnuts Guest House and book online
Oozing Victorian charm, Chestnuts Guest House offers seven individually furnished bedrooms, all named after famous Lake District lakes. Sympathetically renovated in January 2017, this attractive Victorian B&B offers a warm welcome and homely feel, with a high level of comfort and service. With a choice of doubles, four-poster rooms and a twin room, all guest bedrooms have en-suite showers or baths, and plenty of little luxuries from free Wi-Fi to a hot drinks station.
The dining room overlooks the pretty seasonal garden and is the perfect place to relax while enjoying a cooked-to-order breakfast, sourced wherever possible from local farmers and artisan suppliers.
Located five-minutes’ walk from Windermere centre, and ten-minutes’ walk to Bowness and Lake Windermere, Chestnuts is the perfect base for exploring the Lake District National Park with its rugged fells and scenic rights of way paths.
Children welcome from age 8.
SD 410978 54.37228 -2.90968
Windermere is in the centre of the English Lake District and can be easily reached from the M6 jct 36 and by then following the A591 to Kendal and Windermere.
Follow the dual carriageway to the large roundabout just outside Kendal. Do not follow the signs into Kendal, but carry on the A591 to Windermere.
Take the left turning into Windermere village where you will almost immediately enter a one-way system. At the end of the one-way system, after a pelican crossing, count each left turn and take the fourth one into Lake Road by the clock tower. Then take the first right into Princes Road where you will immediately see The Chestnuts on your right. Take the first right turning into The Chestnuts car park.
The nearest mainline railway station is Oxenholme at Kendal. Windermere has its own station, it is linked to Oxenholme by an hourly train service and is 10-minutes walk away from the guest house.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
Children welcome from age 8.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities