Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Croft Hill Guest House and book online
A charming Georgian-style guest house build in 1770 and with its own unique history and character set in enchanting walled gardens, maintaining lots of original features including open fires, tastefully decorated throughout with emphasis being one of sympathy to the building but with luxury modern facilities and equipment.
All the rooms have spectacular views including views of the Solway coast,
We are located in a quiet secluded semi rural location but still ideally situated for exploring the historic Georgian Port of Whitehaven/ start of the C2C, 1.5 miles. Western Lake District, 3.5 miles and the West Coast of Cumbria and cycle network, 1 mile.
We provide a friendly welcome and an excellent service our customer comments speak for there selves see our website for details.
Croft Hill has an extensive dining room and residents lounge where you can sit in front of an open fire and enjoy a glass of wine, we don’t have a licence but we provide a fridge so you can chill your own. You are welcome make use of the gardens during your stay where we have relaxing seating areas. All private or ensuite facilities, plus an extensive luxury bathroom and ample off road parking
Children welcome from age 5.
NX 987197 54.56236 -3.56810
From the north, Workington, Cockermouth. Take the A595 following the signs for Whitehaven, at the end of the duel carriageway take the third exit on the roundabout, drive for less than 0.25 mile and turn left following the signs for the Rose Hill Theatre. Climb the hill passing the Rose Hill theatre on the left until you get to a cross roads approximately 0.5 mile from the A595. Take the right hand turning Croft Hill is the third house on the right from the junction.
From the south, Egremont, Barrow. Take the A595 following the signs for Whitehaven pass 2 turn offs for Whitehaven town centre, follow the signs for Workington, after you pass the petrol station and the second turning for Whitehaven town centre travel for approximately 1 mile until you come to a turn off right with signs for the Rose Hill Theatre, If you get to roundabout you have missed the junction. Climb the hill passing the Rose Hill theatre on the left until you get to a cross roads approximately 0.5 a mile from the A595. Take the right hand turning Croft Hill is the third house on the right from the junction.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities