Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Covering 112 miles, and the most famous passes of the Lake District, the 4 Seasons Fred Whitton Bike Tour follows the annual sportive route but can be completed 365 days a year at your own pace. It's a fantastic opportunity for individuals, groups and clubs to complete one of the most challenging cycling routes in the country, over one or more days, and to get an official finish time on the Fred Whitton website.
Visit www.golakes.co.uk/4seasonsfred to download the map and route
Dockray - Matterdale End Summit - Troutbeck - Keswick - Derwentwater - Honister Pass - Newlands Pass - Braithwaite
1. Go through Dockray and over Matterdale End Summit (343m).
2. At Troutbeck (North) turn left onto the A66 to Keswick. Ignore the 1st left into Keswick as this leads to a one way system, instead turn left at the large roundabout (signposted Keswick).
3. Turn left again at the T-Junction (signposted Borrowdale B5289) then turn right at the mini roundabout (B5289 to Borrowdale).
4. Take the B5289 along the side of Derwentwater. Pass through Rosthwaite Village and Seatoller to Honister Pass Summit (356m).
5. From Buttermere YHA take the 1st right towards Keswick to Newlands Pass Summit (333m). Turn left at Braithwaite onto the B5292 and head up to the summit of Whinlatter Pass (318m).
6. The area around Braithwaite would be an idea place for a stop over before you take on Whinlatter Pass. Search accom.