Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Rosegarth and book online
Neil and the team welcome you to Rosegarth in tranquil Ravenglass, an ancient village built on the site of Glannaventa, a Roman fort and port. Rosegarth overlooks the beautiful river estuary, and for several generations was the local doctors home and practice. The building retains many original features from the Victorian era and offers visitors a friendly and comfortable base from which to explore this wonderful corner of the Lake District.
Local attractions include the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway, The Ratty, Muncaster Castle and Britain's Favourite View, Wasdale Head. Our accommodation is perfect for all, including wedding parties, touring bikers, walkers and cyclists, secure bike and equipment storage facilities, everyone is welcome and we're only a minutes walk away from the main line station and Ratty terminus. There is something here for everyone. See our webcam to sample the wonderful estuary view.
Vegetarians catered for and other diets by pre-request. Check-in normally 16.00 - 19.00, check-out 10.30, please contact if you intend to arrive at a different time.
Children welcome from any age.
SD 084964 54.35488 -3.41092
By road from the north. From Carlisle take the A595 South, sign-posted Workington. 2 miles South of Holmbrook turn right into Ravenglass. Continue downhill, under 2 railway bridges and follow the road 250 meters along the shore. At the next junction go right towards the main village, Rosegarth is the second house on the left.
Allow 70 - 80 minutes from Carlisle.
From the south, leave the M6 at jct 36 and follow the A590 signs to Barrow. Continue along the A590 to Greennodd. Turn right across the dual carriageway onto the A5092 and follow the road past Broughton in Furness to the T junction with the A595. Turn right (N) onto the A595 and follow the road through Bootle to Muncaster. Continue N past Muncaster Castle and turn Left at the next junction signposted Ravenglass. Please follow directions above to find Rosegarth. Please be aware that some Satnavs will try to take you over steep and narrow fell roads! The drive from the M6 usually takes about one hour.
From the east, narrow and steep mountain roads, best of luck!
By rail, Northern Rail run a service, Sundays excepted, between Carlisle and Barrow-in-Furness stopping at Ravenglass. Rosegarth is a one minute downhill walk from the Station
By bus, buses run every day from Whitehaven to Millom stopping at Ravenglass, the bus stop is in the public car park directly to the rear of Rosegarth. There are 5 buses a day, less on Sundays, see www.traveline-cumbria.co.uk for details. Dial a Ride operates in the Wasdale Valley.
Cycling, Rosegarth is 400 Meters from the start of Route 72, Hadrian's Wall Cycleway; long-stay parking by arrangement.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
Please see our website for access statement.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours