Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Detached chocolate box cottage - ideal base for touring the Lake District!
The cottage features stunning beams and original period features, with everything thought of to make your stay a comfortable, relaxing one! The kitchen/breakfast room is particularly spacious and has pretty views over the garden. Appliances include; integral dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, hob, double oven, microwave and slow cooker. There is a spacious and cosy lounge/dining room which features a truly stunning real fireplace, comfy sofas, and TV. On the first floor there are two double bedrooms - the master bedroom features a super-comfy, superking bed - or it can be turned into two single beds. The second bedroom has a double bed and both bedrooms have plenty of storage.
There is also a bathroom with a bath - ideal for a bubbly soaking after a long Lake District walk - with a shower over. The garden is fully enclosed and very private and there is storage for bikes. Michelin-listed bistro within a very short walk, plus village shop. Delightful walks along the River Eden lead you to two lovely English pubs and around a 15 minute drive brings you to the Lake District.
Excellent WiFi and Pet-Friendly.
NY 638256 54.62487 -2.56202
Junction 40 of M6, taking A66 to Kirkby Thore. Turn left at the Bridge Cafe and head up into the centre of the village. When you reach the Post Office, turn left into Cross street and our cottage is on your left-hand side.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower