Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Fell Foot-Staveley in Cartmel-High Newton-Cartmel-Field Broughton Newby Bridge-FellFoot
Leaving the bike bus towards the southern end of its journey gives you the chance to explore the lovely scenery and quiet roads of the Cartmel Peninsula. This circular on-road route takes in the historical village of Cartmel with its Priory and of course, famous sticky toffee pudding.
1. Turn right out of Fell Foot Park taking care on the busy road. Then take the first left into the village of Staveley in Cartmel. Go straight on through the village.
2. Just before the A590 turn left on to the old road and cycle path following signs to High Newton.
3. Turn right in High Newton, go over the bridge , go Left at a T junction and immediately turn right, signed Cartmel.
4. In Cartmel, turn Right by the 'Pig and Whistle' heading for the village centre and the square in fornt of the Church. Continue through the square to the right of the village shop following NCN70 signs to Wood Broughton.
5. Turn Right at a T junction with a grass triangle signed to Field Broughton
6. Turn left at a T junction
7. This one is easy to miss, Look out for the walls turning in to a green metal fence as you head north from Field Broughton. When the railings end turn L signed to Seatle. After a quarter of a mile turn right ( not signed)
8. Follow the road to the right at the 'no through road' signs.
9. Turn right on to the pavement cyclepath and ride the short distance to the crossing before the roundabout at the A592 junction. Follow the A592 back to Fell Foot park.