Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Bristol, United Kingdom
21 February 2017
“Very successful. ”
We met up with our children and grandchildren in this very clean, well equipped house and garden, with lovely views. The owners were very friendly and helpful and had thought of everything! It's situation means it's easily reached by car or train and lots to see and do in the area. Totally recommended by us all.
Reply from Knott View Barn at 21 Feb 2017
Thank you very much for your lovely review, we do try and make our guests stay an enjoyable one. Your thoughts are very much appreciated it's good to know we are on the right track.
Knott View Barn is located in a small hamlet at the foot of Farleton Fell. Excellent views with easy access to the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales. A large converted barn over 3 levels which has recently undergone a a full re-furbishment to provide fabulous accommodation for 11 people.
With it's excellent location and exceptional furnishings, this accommodation provides comfort for both the explorer and homebird alike.
Knott View Barn comprises of upper floor, 1 king-size, en suite with roll top bath, 1 single en suite, 1 double, 2 single rooms and house shower room. On the lower floor, 1 king-size en suite, 1 twin, house bathroom, utility/drying room and games room. Middle floor, entrance hall, large lounge with wood-burning stove, TV and DVD, snug with TV & DVD, separate toilet and large well-equipped kitchen/diner with fabulous views towards the Knott. Outside there is a private garden patio with barbecue and a range of garden furniture.
Knotts View Barn's location provides excellent walking straight from the doorstep. Only a short drive to good restaurants/pubs and attractions such as fishing, golf and horse riding.
This property can be booked from Friday to Friday and usual arrival time will be 16.00 and departure 10.00.
Children welcome from any age.
SD 534808 54.22080 -2.71617
Leave M6 jct 36 and take A65 to Kirkby Lonsdale at the mini-roundabout turn right onto A6070 to Holme and Burton. After 1 mile turn left to Farleton. Knott View barn is the second property on the right.
Nearest train stations are Oxenholme which is 6 miles away and Carnforth 5 miles. Nearest bus station is Kendal, 8 miles away.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Telephone (public)
- Games room onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
livestock in the fields surrounding the property.
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)