Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
"Food is the cornerstone of any outdoor adventure, camping trip or expedition"
Spend a half day with Keswick Canoe and Bushcraft and you'll learn how to improvise an oven in the outdoors, 'panasse' a fresh fish, skin and roast a squirrel (Grey of course!) and prepare and make a simple bread. All this cooked on an open fire. Delicious!
You will have the opportunity to be totally hands on whilst under the supervision of one of our experienced and friendly instructors.
We provide all specialist equipment and instruction.
When: Morning and afternoon sessions
Minimum age: 12 years old. All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Where: Our bushcraft site at Whinlatter forest, Keswick. Directions and more details on booking.
From 10.00am-4.30pm this course is suitable for beginners.
Minimum age 12 years old, all children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Also at this Venue
- Canoe the View Derwentwater
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Overnight Wilderness Canoe Journey
- Middle Derwent River Trip
- 10% off all courses
- Canoe hire on Derwentwater, Keswick
- Private Coaching and Tuition
- Trees, Twigs, Tinder's and Fire by Friction
- Safe Knife Work and Whittling
- Shelters, Flint and Steel Fire Lighting
- Canoe and Bushcraft Day
- Paddle Carving Workshop
- Nettles, Fire Bread & Wild Rabbit
- Fish and Feather Wild Food Prep & Campfire Cooking
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted