Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Get to grips with game preparation and field cooking as we guide you through the steps from wild rabbit to burger!
Food is the cornerstone of any outdoor adventure, camping trip or expedition. You will have the opportunity to be totally hands on whilst under the supervision of one of our experienced and friendly instructors during this one day introduction to the art of Bushcraft cookery.
An introduction to basic fire setting will give us a perfect heat source to make a selection of leavened and damper breads for us to cook on the fire.
Following a quick forage for the humble nettle and any other available greenery we will prepare a nettle soup to accompany our fire breads.
After lunch, locally sourced rabbits will be provided for you to dress, skin and joint. This will give us plenty of meat for Bunny burgers, by far the best way to cook rabbits on the open fire.
Tasting the finished burgers is a perfect end to the day with probably enough left to take a sample home. Delicious!
£60 per person.
Also at this Venue
- Canoe the View Derwentwater
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Overnight Wilderness Canoe Journey
- Middle Derwent River Trip
- 10% off all courses
- Canoe hire on Derwentwater, Keswick
- Private Coaching and Tuition
- Trees, Twigs, Tinder's and Fire by Friction
- Safe Knife Work and Whittling
- Wild Food Prep and Campfire Cooking
- Shelters, Flint and Steel Fire Lighting
- Canoe and Bushcraft Day
- Paddle Carving Workshop
- Fish and Feather Wild Food Prep & Campfire Cooking