Brewery Tours at Keswick Brewing Company
Keswick Brewing Company is a craft brewery set up in 2006 with quality and environmental issues at its heart. Come and enjoy a brewery tour, find out more about us, the beers we make and sample a selection of our beers.
The Visitor Area has the original sandstone flagged floor, oak beams and a wood burning stove. During your tour you will see how we make our beers. Find out how brewing dates back to around 1875 on this site. See what makes beers light, dark, mild or hoppy. Find out what makes our processes environmentally friendly and how we are reducing our carbon footprint.
We now offer a Brewery Members Club. Why not treat yourself or a friend to our membership and enjoy its benefits.
Standard daytime tour, £8.50 per person. We donate 10p from every tour towards local projects including Red Squirrel Conservation.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||The brewery is open from Monday - Saturday 10am - 3pm. Tours run on Friday and Saturday 11am and 2pm. £8.50 per person. Extra times and days may also be available. Group and evening tours available. Please note booking is recommended for all tours. Online booking is available on our website.
Daytime tours last approximately 1.5 hours.
email a friend
VenueKeswick Brewing Company
The Old Brewery, Brewery Lane, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5BY
Map reference: NY 267235 Lat: 54.60190 Long: -3.13522
We are located on Brewery Lane, just off Victoria Street, to the rear of Otley Road car park and opposite Bell Close car park. On foot from town centre walk through walkway, over Bell Close car park and across the road onto Brewery Lane. On buses ask for stop nearest to Bell Close car park on Victoria Street.
Accessible by Public Transport : 19 miles (30.6 kms) from Penrith station
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system
This is a working brewery, some areas are not suitable to be safely accessed by some people of limited mobility. However, soe areas such as the visitor bar and shop are. We will always endeavour to taylor the tour to the people on the tour, taking into account any particular requirements.