Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
"Food is the cornerstone of any outdoor adventure, camping trip or expedition"
On this one day course you will learn how to dress, prepare and cook both birds and fish over an open fire.
Locally sourced trout will be provided for you to clean and fillet. Simple knife and whittling techniques will enable you to cook over an open fire without the use of utensils.
After eating the delicious results we will turn our attention to the humble wood pigeon.Plucking and jointing, or the speedier "rip and flip" method will give us a supply of breast meat to bring to the fire. This time we will be using traditional cast iron blackware for cooking over the fire.
Again, tasting the fruits of your labour is a pleasant requirement.
£60 per person.
Also at this Venue
- Canoe the View Derwentwater
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Overnight Wilderness Canoe Journey
- Middle Derwent River Trip
- 10% off all courses
- Canoe hire on Derwentwater, Keswick
- Private Coaching and Tuition
- Trees, Twigs, Tinder's and Fire by Friction
- Safe Knife Work and Whittling
- Wild Food Prep and Campfire Cooking
- Shelters, Flint and Steel Fire Lighting
- Canoe and Bushcraft Day
- Paddle Carving Workshop
- Nettles, Fire Bread & Wild Rabbit