Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
"The open canoe and the ethos of bushcraft go together perfectly - Marrying impact free travel to reach areas unattainable by any other means, with the self sufficient, low impact tradition of bushcraft!"
This is not a survival course! But a fun, and educational day journeying in our stable open boat canoes to venues on and around the lake, learning basic but essential skills of canoeing and bushcraft, as well as promoting an understanding of the natural environment.
We will provide all specialist equipment and instruction.
* Practice skills such as tree and plant identification
* Wood collection and preparation
* How to use a kelly kettle and flint and steel
* Learn about different types of shelters.
This adventure is for everyone! Suitable for beginners - Adults and children over 8 years old. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Our bushcraft and canoe days take place on stunning Derwentwater and venues around the lake.
Time: 10:00 - 16:30
£50 per person.
Also at this Venue
- Canoe the View Derwentwater
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Overnight Wilderness Canoe Journey
- Middle Derwent River Trip
- 10% off all courses
- Canoe hire on Derwentwater, Keswick
- Private Coaching and Tuition
- Trees, Twigs, Tinder's and Fire by Friction
- Safe Knife Work and Whittling
- Wild Food Prep and Campfire Cooking
- Shelters, Flint and Steel Fire Lighting
- Paddle Carving Workshop
- Nettles, Fire Bread & Wild Rabbit
- Fish and Feather Wild Food Prep & Campfire Cooking
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted