Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Ash Meadows Bed & Breakfast and book online
Settle, United Kingdom
24 November 2016
One of the nicest Bed and Breakfast establishments I have ever stayed at. The owners were friendly and helpful and the accommodation was perfect: clean, attractive and comfortable with wonderful extra touches like home made biscuits, fresh milk, and ground coffee and a small cafetiere provided.
Ash Meadows Guest House offers beautiful accommodation for visitors to Kendal and the Lake District. This beautiful Victorian family home has been modernised to a high standard but with special care to retain all of the original features and character of the property. Owned and operated by welcoming hosts Philippa and Peter this is the perfect place to stay to immerse yourself in the unique culture of this beautiful part of England.
Ash Meadows Guest House is located a short walk North-East of Kendal town centre and is easily accessible for users of public and private transport (less than half a mile from Kendal Railway Station). We have ample off street parking for guests so they can safely leave their car whilst staying with us. The guest house is perfectly situated to give easy access to all Kendal and the Lake District have to offer. We also have secure inside cycle storage and a drying room for guests who enjoy exploring the great outdoors.
Ash Meadows has two beautifully decorated double rooms available for guests and will gladly offer single occupancy at a discounted rate. All rooms are ensuite with white Egyptian cotton linen, bath robes, luxurious white bath sheets and hand towels, hairdryer and complementary bottled water, tea and coffee making facilities (Fairtrade), and home baked biscuits.
Children welcome from any age.
SD 522937 54.33680 -2.73572
From centre of Kendal follow sign posts for Penrith, Brough, Sedbergh, then Penrith, Brough, then Tebay, Appleby, Brough. You will then be on Appleby Road, Ash Meadows in the last house on the left before Queen Katherine School.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free