Search availability for 3 Tarn Cottages and book online
|Book through GoLakes||MAR
Availability updated on 2 Mar 14 at 20:43
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Two bedrooms: 1 double and 1 twin.
- Bath, Non-smoking unit, Shower
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
This delightful traditional 2-bedroom Lakeland cottage is idyllically situated in a quiet, elevated and secluded rural position above Grasmere next to Little White Moss Tarn a short walk from Dove Cottage. The cottage is surrounded by woodland at the rear with stunning views to Rydal Water and Loughrigg Fell from the south facing garden and both first floor bedrooms. Fairfield Horseshoe on the doorstep makes it ideal for walkers.
A number of original features have been preserved to maintain the charm of the cottage including slate flagged flooring, exposed beams and an open fire place. There is off-road private parking for 1 car.
Tarn Cottages is no more than 10 minutes walk downhill to Dove Cottage and a little further to the centre of Grasmere. Rydal Mount is only 1 mile away along the bridal way that starts close by.
There are 2 bedrooms, 1 double, 1 twin, both with views over woodland towards Rydal Water and Loughrigg Fell. There is an open fire and a colour TV, video recorder and DVD player in the cosy sitting room. The fitted kitchen/diner is well equipped as well as cellar and outhouse.
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Ironing facilities
Children welcome from any age.
NY 346068 54.45237 -3.01017
Take A591 to Grasmere. At Grasmere turn off A591 to Dove Cottage, signposted. Continue past Dove Cottage and up the hill, pass a small tarn on the left and continue up steep hill. Cottage is 300m on the left. Train to Windermere then taxi.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights
Boston, United Kingdom
05 February 2013
“A wek's stay in self catering cottage ”
Lovely cottage in wonderful location, short walk from Grasmere village.
Mr Batho [owner] was very helpful regarding the cottage and that our stay was during adverse weather and was available if needed.