Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Following a £9m investment and three years' development, The Lakes Distillery officially opened its doors in December 2014. Since then, they have become one of Cumbria's leading award winning tourist attractions, having been awarded 'Best Distillery Facilities' in the Global Distillery Masters for two years running.
The Lakes Distillery's portfolio of products is ever expanding, with various special editions joining the original trio of spirits; The ONE blended whisky, The Lakes Gin and The Lakes Vodka. Alongside award-winning spirits, the distillery also offers interactive distillery tours and the highly acclaimed food and drink offering, Bistro at the Distillery.
The distillery site is set in what used to be a Victorian model farm and has been carefully renovated to become the stunning set of buildings it is today. Visitors are encouraged to enjoy a leisurely walk down to the River Derwent, as well as utilise their gorgeous grounds for picnics in the summer months. The friendly and immensely popular heard of alpacas can also be found close by; visitors can even book to walk one of them! Bassenthwaite Lake is also less than 300 metres away, providing visitors with further spectacular views.
Please note that the distillery are wheelchair-friendly. However, if you have an electric wheelchair please contact the distillery to make different arrangements, as you will be unable to participate in the tours.
Bistro at the Distillery: 10am to 9pm*
* During particular times of year, such as the festive period or less-busy periods, the gift shop and Bistro have slightly different opening hours. Please visit the website or call for further information.
Adults - £12.50
Youth (13-17) - £5.00
12 and under - Free
NY 196319 54.67573 -3.24833
Turn off A66 by Bassenthwaite Lake on to B5291. Continue on this road for 1 mile. At Ouse Bridge carry straight on (do not cross bridge). Distillery is on the right after 400m.
- Baby changing facilities
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted
- Guided tours for groups
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for shoppers with disabilities
- Drop-off point for shoppers outside entrance
- Access to other levels by lift
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Access to a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- good contrast between the floor and walls
- Public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Baby changing facilities
- Low counter at the till for wheelchair users
- Seating available throughout the facility at appropriate intervals for shoppers with limited mobility
- Routes / aisles throughout the facility suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Staff have had disability awareness training
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children