Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Hillside Farm Bunk Barn and book online
Converted form our Georgian Farm Stable to a purpose designed bunk barn. Bunk beds, toilet and shower are now upstairs.
Down stairs there is a kitchen and seating area with a 2 ring gas stove, small 2 ring electric cooker and microwave, cutlery and crockery, toilet and shower.
There is only heating down stairs on a meter. Sleeping bags and towels can be hired. To make life easier we can even arrange some food shopping for you or you can indulge in a farm house breakfast with our own eggs and local produce. Just let me have some advanced warning.
Walking, cycling and family groups are most welcome. There is plenty of parking in the farm yard, cars can be left there while you walk to the wall. There is a shed to put your bike away for the night with tools in case you need to mend a puncture. The barn will sleep 12-13 people.
Children welcome from age 5.
NY 293591 54.92211 -3.10316
Take the M6 motorway to Carlisle turn off at Junction 43 (2nd Carlisle turn off) and go along the A69 Warwick road past football ground turn right at lights near church and go past the collage to bug ring road (Hardwick Circus). Take sign for A595 past the castle, turn at small round about for B5307 towards Hospital, go past for 1 mile and take right at fork in the road following signs for Bowness and Burch-by-Sands. Over the new round about to Burgh-by-Sands, pass through Burgh-by-Sands (about 2 miles) cross cattle grid on to marsh road, next left into village of Boustead Hill. Then take the 2nd turning on your left under the arches into the farmyard. The farm has 2 big trees in the garden with green and white railings.
If you do not want to go through the city of Carlisle, take the M6 motorway to Carlisle, turn off at Junction 44 (3rd Carlisle turn off) take the new western bypass sign posted Workington past Asda about 5 roundabouts until you get to the one going to Burgh-by-Sands and Bowness-on-Solway. Over the new round about to Burgh-by-Sands, pass through Burgh-by-Sands (about 2 miles) cross cattle grid on to marsh road, next left into village of Boustead Hill. Then take the 2nd turning on your left under the arches into the farmyard. The farm has 2 big trees in the garden with green and white railings.
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Working farm
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Showers available
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Breakfast available
- Hot water
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)