Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
The multi-platinum recording artist Bryan Adams will perform outdoors at Bitts Park on Saturday 15 July, as a continuation of his Get Up Tour. This is one of just a handful of outdoor shows the Canadian musician will perform in the UK in 2017.
Bryan Adams is a Canadian singer-songwriter, who has enjoyed musical acclaim over the last 35 years. Some of his best-known albums were ‘18 til I Die’, ‘Waking up the Neighbours’, but it was his ‘Reckless’ album which truly propelled him into the stratosphere of pop music’s ruling elite. The album spawned timeless and ‘larger than life’ singles such as ‘Heaven’, ‘Summer of 69’, ‘Run to You’ and ‘One Night Love Affair’. The album peaked at number one on the official chart in the US.
Adams is also renowned for his ‘Everything I Do, I Do it for You’ single, which topped the singles charts worldwide including a whopping 16-week run at the top of the UK singles charts in 1991. The song featured in the film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) and for this Mr Adams received his first Academy Award nomination and Golden Globe nomination.
Bryan Adams’ latest studio album ‘Get Up’ has received much acclaim. Produced by famed ELO frontman Jeff Lynne it features nine new songs and four acoustic versions, highlighting Adams’ unique voice and depth. His thirteenth studio album, it features several fast, catchy tunes like ‘Brand New Day’ and ‘You Belong to Me’, which reflect back on the feel-good style of music that made Adams a household name in the 1980s with hits like ‘Summer of 69’ and ‘Heaven’.
The outdoor show at Bitts Park is being organised by concert promoters, LCC Live, which brought Sir Tom Jones to the city in 2015.
Wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walking sticks, blankets, people requiring assistance on crutches are all permissible into the venue.
We also allow patrons to bring 1 UNOPENED 500ml bottled water.
No food or chairs will be allowed.
|Sat 15 Jul 2017|
General admission tickets £49 plus booking fee.
Tickets are on sale from 09:00 on Friday 2 December 2016 and are available to buy from the Carlisle Tourist Information Centre (01228 598596) or online at www.ticketline.co.uk or by phone 0844 888 9991.
There is a limited amount of disabled viewing platform tickets. They can only be bought via Ticketline on 08448889991.
Under 16’s have to be accompanied by an adult.
- Coach parties accepted
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls