Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Hillside Farm B&B and book online
The Farm house is a Georgian listed building. All of the rooms in the house have high ceilings, large windows with outstanding views and wide doorways with many period features.
You can choose from a double room or a twin room, both of which have stunning views over the Solway Firth marshes looking towards Scotland. Both rooms share private access to private bathrooms. The rooms are equipped with tea and coffee so you can brew and sit in peace. You will have access to a private lounge to relax in and all rooms have Wi-Fi available. There is plenty of private parking in the farm yard and cars can be left for the week.
Children welcome from age 5.
NY 293591 54.92191 -3.10277
Take the M6 motorway to Carlisle turn off at Junction 43 (2nd Carlisle turn off) and go along the A69 Warwick road past the football ground. Turn right at the lights near the church and go past the collage to the big ring road (Hardwick Circus). Take the sign for A595 past the castle, turn at small round about for B5307 towards the Hospital, go past for 1 mile, take the right fork in the road following signs for Bowness and Burgh-by-Sands.
Over the new round about to Burgh-by-Sands, pass through Burgh-by-Sands (about 2 miles) cross cattle grid on to marsh road, next left into village of Boustead Hill. Then take the 2nd turning on your left under the arches into the farmyard. The farm has 2 big trees in the garden with green and white railings.
If you do not want to go through the city of Carlisle, take the M6 motorway to Carlisle, turn off at Junction 44 (3rd Carlisle turn off) take the new western bypass sign posted Workington past Asda about 5 roundabouts until you get to the one going to Burgh-by-Sands and Bowness-on-Solway. Over the new round about to Burgh-by-Sands, pass through Burgh-by-Sands (about 2 miles) cross cattle grid on to marsh road, next left into village of Boustead Hill. Then take the 2nd turning on your left under the arches into the farmyard. The farm has 2 big trees in the garden with green and white railings.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Working farm
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with support handrails available
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours