Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Lanercost Bed & Breakfast and book online
Durham, United Kingdom
24 March 2017
“Very friendly welcome, comfy beds and well fed.”
Pot tea and homemade chocolate brioche by an open fire on our arrival. Scrummy English Breakfast cooked by our hosts. All guests eat around a large wooden table, which is an excellent way to meet fellow travellers. Great location by Lanercost Priory with lots of walk options direct from the bed and breakfast, including along Hadrians Wall with amazing views to the Lake District and Scotland.
Reply from Lanercost Bed & Breakfast at 24 Mar 2017
Thank you, It was a pleasure to welcome you both for your special birthday celebrations and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. With kind regards from Bob and Christina.
Lanercost Bed and Breakfast combines luxury with relaxed hospitality, in a beautiful, peaceful and historic setting, 400 yards from Hadrian's Wall, and in the heart of the Lanercost Priory site, providing the ultimate bed and breakfast experience.
Lanercost Bed & Breakfast is delighted to announce that it has been shortlisted for the prestigious AA 'Friendliest Bed & Breakfast' Award in Britain. Lanercost Bed & Breakfast has also been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor in 2013.
We have four individually decorated ensuite guest bedrooms. All with incredibly comfortable super-king size beds (can be set as double or twin) and modern double size shower or bath and double size shower. Each room is warm, light and bright, and have super views. With fresh ground coffee, specialty leaf tea and homemade biscuits beds. Also flat screen TV/radio with Freeview and iPod connection.
The guest sitting room has comfy sofas and a large open log fire. We provide a wide selection of books and magazines for guests to enjoy. Wi-Fi is free and available throughout the house.
Breakfast is served in the stylish dining room with log fire or, on a warm sunny morning, in the garden with the Priory as your backdrop. Supper is available by prior arrangement.
Your hosts are Bob and Christina Lamb. Bob, previously a sheep farmer, is passionate about high quality, locally sourced produce. He makes cheeses in Abbey Farmhouse, including Lanercost Blue and Cumbrian Camembert. He also keeps rare breed chickens, providing the freshest eggs for your breakfast. He grows herbs, fruits and vegetables for the B&B, and tends the two-acres of gardens that he hopes you will enjoy during your stay.
Christina, a former award-winning, two-rosette chef, has designed the breakfast menu at Lanercost Bed & Breakfast to provide the best in quality home cooking. She also makes all the breads, jams, ice creams, cakes and suppers served at Lanercost Bed & Breakfast.
We use the best, home produced or locally sourced produce, see our webpage for suppliers.
Well behaved pets accepted by prior arrangement.
NY 555636 54.96550 -2.69600
Lanercost is situated approximately eight miles east of M6, jct 43/44, Carlisle by Lanercost Priory and Hadrian's Wall. Just follow the brown signs for Hadrian's Wall and Lanercost Priory, turn 1st right just before the ancient Priory arch.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Working farm
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- Evening meals
- Real log/coal fires
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training