Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Dene House and book online
Denehouse is a super, boutique-style guest house offering fabulous bed and breakfast accommodation in Bowness, just a 3 minute walk from lake Windermere itself.
Built in 1887, Denehouse is a beautiful guest house which carefully blends the modern with the traditional. We have retained many of the original features of the house, whilst ensuring guests are provided with the everyday modern comforts of a 'home from home'.
Denehouse benefits from being in a superb position on the edge of Bowness village, with its many pubs and restaurants, and lake Windermere itself, which is just a 3 minute walk away. Windermere village is less than a mile away. For your convenience Denehouse has its own private car parking facilities.
At Denehouse your comfort is very important to us. We pride ourselves on our high standards, quality service, fabulous breakfasts and superior accommodation. After checking into your room, we will be pleased to serve you complimentary tea or coffee with biscuits.
A choice of freshly prepared breakfasts are served from 08.45 until 09.30 in our bright and airy dining room. Start your day with a light, full or vegetarian breakfast from our extensive menu. We cater for most dietary requirements. Please advise us when you book.
Children welcome from age 12.
SD 403965 54.36072 -2.91921
From M6 jct 36 follow the A591 to Windermere. From Windermere village follow the one-way system heading out of the village towards Bowness on the A5074. After approximately 1.5 miles turn left at the mini-roundabout at the bottom of the hill. take the next left onto Kendal Road. Denehouse is situated just 400 metres up on the right, immediately before the turn for the Burnside Hotel and Parklands Country Club.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
Children welcome from age 12.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 4Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training