Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Nestled at the feet of Langdale's soaring pikes you'll find the Sticklebarn, a National Trust run country pub offering real ale, good wine and great food right in the heart of the Lake District.
The National Trust owns more than 60 pubs, but Sticklebarn is unique. We're running it ourselves to give you the tastiest local food and ales and we make sure that every penny we make goes back into looking after this magnificent valley.
Our new menu features some of the very best hearty dishes, packed full of fresh ingredients. Visitors can find a comfy corner to try the likes of our steak and ale pie made with Sticklebarn ale, or a pizza from our woodfired oven on the terrace.
So why not take the time to relax while you soak up the views after a hard day on the fells. Dogs and muddy boots are always welcome.
Closed Dec 25th
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Facilities for groups
- National Trust Property
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Telephone (public)
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted
- Smoking not allowed
- Wedding receptions
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (ie without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Entrance is well lit