Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Hyper-seasonal, Climatically Local Cooking
We offer two menus at Lake Road Kitchen:
- Five Courses £60
- Eight Courses £85
- Wine pairings available for both menus
- Selection of European cheeses available as an extra course
We make the most of our regions best meat, fish and shellfish. Home grown and foraged produce is at the heart of both menus. Our wines and spirits are sourced from across Northern Europe.
As we work within the unpredictable Northern climate, preservation is always present in our cooking.
The best quality ingredients are often only available in small quantities so whilst some dishes might be available for a month, others may only be available for one night. This is why we don't have sample menus online.
AGED STEAK AT LRK
We specialise in ageing steak at Lake Road Kitchen in collaboration with our butchers, Lake District Farmers. If you would like to try either our aged Belted Galloway, or aged retired Dairy Holstein, then please let us know when you book as it is only available upon request and subject to availability. They can be ordered (for an additional cost) in place of or in addition to your main course. Because of the way it is aged, portioned and cooked, the steak is for two to share.
Other Booking Conditions
Please note that the largest party we can accommodate in the restaurant is 6 guests. For tables of 3 to 6 we take a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £20 per person payable upon booking.
Due to past experience and for the consideration of our other guests please note Lake Road Kitchen is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
All reservations only held for 20 minutes. As we have only 9 tables, we would appreciate being notified in plenty of time regarding cancellations or reduction in numbers, so that we may contact our waiting list. If you are unable to inform us of any delays or cancellations, we reserve the right to resell your table after 20 minutes from the original booking time. Please avoid arriving early. We do not have a bar/lounge area and we may not be able to seat you until your allocated time.
If you have any dietary requirements or allergies, please call us to discuss your menu before booking.
We are closed Monday and Tuesday (Open Tuesday 14th February 2017)
Five Courses: £60
Eight Courses: £85
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site catering
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Nut free
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit