Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Brantholme Guest House and book online
Family owned and managed Bed and Breakfast in a central, but quiet location in the village of Ambleside. Prime example of a Victorian Villa sympathetically modernised in the Summer of 2014 to a very high standard. Stunning, unobstructed views of the Lakeland Fells from the front of the building and wonderful views of Ambleside village and the Lakeland Fells beyond from the rear of the building. Offering accommodation comprising of 7 Standard and Superior bedrooms, each room features super-king size beds, ensuite with separate bath & shower, 40" TV with FreeView, Free Internet Access and Mini-Fridge. A ground floor room is available, 3 first floor rooms and 3 second floor rooms. Superior rooms have more space and some can accommodate additional bed. Free, private parking is available. Dog friendly.
Children welcome from any age.
NY 375045 54.43207 -2.96496
By car - travelling South on the A591, travel through the town centre taking a right hand turn onto Church Street. Turn right at the junction onto Compston Road. Half way up Compston road turn left before the Pedestrian crossing, onto Millans Park. Take the second left onto the one-way system and follow it round to the right. Brantholme is signed on the left hand side, with the car park immediately as you drive in.
By car - travelling North on the A591, follow the signs for Ambleside and at the first set of Traffic lights, turn left on the A5075 (with Ambleside pier on left) and follow this road into the town centre remaining in the left lane (at the pitch and putt) leading on to Compston Road. Half way up Compston road turn left before the Pedestrian crossing, onto Millans Park. Take the second left onto the one-way system and follow it round to the right. Brantholme is signed on the left hand side, with the car park immediately as you drive in.
Public Transport - Main line train to 'Oxenholme - the Lake District' and change for 'Windermere'. Either get a taxi from Windermere station or the 555 bus (or open top bus if in season) to Ambleside town centre.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Coach parties welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours